Let’s talk about, the BRAND NEW Welligogs A/W Collection. I catch up with the brand to find out more AND reveal my favourite item…
As the years went on, the Welligogs range continued to expand, and it now boasts the full range we know and love today, including tweeds, wools and waterproofs.
What was your inspiration behind the new collection?
- A twist on the traditional. We have some traditional pieces that are part of our core range and seen in heritage pieces from British fashion brands but with a unique WG twist, be that in the fabrics used or small details intertwined with classic shapes and styles.
What can we expect to see in the new collection?
- A range of new wools both in classic houndstooth and autumnal coloured checks.
- Two variety of velvets, a plain and a patterned, in two different styles.
- A new selection of boots, including a more trendy chunky sole as well as the more traditional ankle boot with a faux snake skin detail.
How many pieces are being released in the new collection?
- We have 6 new jackets – velvet, wool, faux snakeskin.
- And 5 new boots – suede with chunky soles, cowboy boots and ankle boots.
- Is there a stand out piece to look out for?
What colours and styles are a must have this season?
- We always love autumnal colours, rich reds and plums. However, classic shades like navy, white and black are always very popular for us. We have done a traditional black and white houndstooth check, as well as a plum, red and black larger houndstooth check
- We love the mid length style jacket – we find this is super versatile as you can wear it casually or formally. We have 3 different styles this A/W in this mid length, the Knightsbridge Houndstooth, Putney and Seville Navy.
- What would you consider to be the most important A/W clothing staple?
Who is the new A/W Welligogs collection suited to?
- Various products suit different ages, the chunky boots would perhaps favour the younger look, with a traditional wool coat appealing to a slightly more mature market. However, the various jackets, with their differing fabrics, cuts and lengths cater for a whole range of ages.
Which item from the new collection would be your ‘go to’ practical item?
- For the wet weather – our Odette Jackets. A completely waterproof and washable jacket, whilst also being feminine. This is an ideal winter jacket.
- For everyday – our range of Wool Jumpers available in different styles for varying tastes. We have soft lambswool relaxed fit styles, turtle and roll neck in fitted and oversized styles, and large cable knit jumpers with exaggerated collars.
Which item from the new collection would be your ‘must have’ evening out item?
- Putney Velvet Blazer – This blazer is brilliantly curated with a subtle colour palette that changes in different light, finished with a satin trimming. Or the Seville Navy Coat (this is a navy velvet coat with tan piping and gold buttons). Both are ideal for occasions and the upcoming festive season!
What is the Welligogs USP?
- Exquisite, Distinctly British clothing and footwear that infuses practicality with style, providing you with items that can be worn day/night, country/city.
- Where and how can we browse and buy from the Welligogs range?
Finally, when will the full collection be available to buy?
- The new collection is available now.
An on trend, practical, chunky boot added to the ankle boot collection for A/W 20. These are 100% suede, featuring a suble sparkle detail between the sole and upper suede, and a metal logo stud on the back pull loop. The boots feature elasticated side panels. This style of boot has become extremely popular, and will take you from town to country. Perfect for those wanting a practical boot which still oozes style. I would team with jeans and a chunky jumper for the perfect country style.
No country wardrobe is complete without an ankle boot. These classics have a subtle faux snake-skin affect to the outer of the boot, including a zip detailing and a brogue affect to the toe. Featuring a small heel and inside zip for ease, these are practical and stylish. Also available in the two classic colours, tan and navy. These will pair with any outfit, you just can’t go wrong with a subtle ankle, the hardest decision? Which colour to go for!
My favourite boots from the new collection – these are UNREAL! It’s pretty obvious that I dream of cowgirl life on a ranch, and any clothing that takes me even slightly to that place, is a necessity for me. These cowboy style boots feature black leather and tan suede, with a croc affect to the toe. The cuban heel and pointed tow design is typically western and honesty… I need a pair of these ASAP! These will pair with everything, from white floaty dresses in the summer, to your favourite pair of jeans in the winter.