Wine and Cheese tasting
Why not try out a company that sends you handpicked wines and cheeses and will then guide you through with a personalised video. They’ll explain why each component fits perfectly with each other, and you can widen your vino knowledge, as well as fill up on delicious dairy! They’ll also provide you with crackers, gherkins and cured meats. https://www.lafromagerie.co.uk
Here are some of our favorite podcasts that you should definitely check out!
Table Manners / Deliciously Ella / Off Menu / My favourite Murderer / Something rhymes with purple / Serial / The Cheer Up Luv Podcast / The Guilty Feminist / Code Switch / Grounded with Louis Theroux
Use a Tie-Dye Kit
Feel like being creative? This is great fun to have with the family, or to turn an old white t-shirt into something colourful for spring!
- Find a clear space. Tie-dye can be messy, so we recommend arranging bin bags or plastic sheeting outside, in the garage, or on a craft table.
- Prepare your T-shirt. Choose a pre-washed, 100-percent cotton T-shirt. Soak the shirt in lukewarm water, wring out the excess, then lay it flat. (You don't need to wet the T-shirt before dyeing it, but the color won't spread as far on dry fabric.)
- Prepare your dye. Grab a tie-dye kit and follow the package instructions. The highly-concentrated dyes will come in partially-empty squirt bottles. You'll probably fill the bottles with warm water and shake to combine.
- Plan the design. Pinterest is full of pattern ideas, choose one you like, and tie your shirt tightly with rubber bands to make the desired design.
- Tie-dye your shirt. Squirt dye from the spray bottle onto the shirt, following the pattern of your choice. Make sure to apply only one color at a time. Work with lighter colors first (pink, yellow, lime green, etc.), since darker colors can be layered over the top of them.
- Let it dry. With the shirt still rubber-banded together, place it in a plastic bag or cover it with plastic wrap. Let it sit for 12-24 hours so the colors set. You can also take it out sooner to achieve pastel-like colors.
- Wash the shirt. Unwrap the shirt and take off the rubber bands (wear gloves!) Rinse it in cold water until the run-off is clear. Then wash it in the washing machine with cold water; don't put any other clothing in the machine. Dry the shirt and it's ready to wear!
An easy party night could be to indulge in some home style karaoke! There are plenty of karaoke apps out there, or even splash out on a karaoke machine if you’re feeling extra. YouTube is also a great place to find karaoke versions of all your favorite sing-alongs.
Try Out New Cuisines
Try out a new cuisine to cook at home - we have plenty of recipes for you to try. Getting out of your comfort zone in the kitchen can be rewarding and delicious!