Congratulations on selecting Welligogs Waterproof and Breathable boots. In order for you to get maximum satisfaction, you need to treat your boots more than you would any other leather footwear, in particular, as these boots will most likely be worn in wet muddy areas:
- We recommend you continually apply a neutral leather wax or balm cream to the shiny leather, this will stop the leather drying out and also reduce and remove light scuffing when it occurs. WG Conditioning Cream is an all natural solution that can be used on any leather products and can be purchased here. Use this regularly or whenever you notice the leather drying out or after use in wetlands and muddy fields. You cannot apply too frequently.
- As these boots are already have waterproof membrane you need not use a waterproofing product on the leather.
- It is also best to use cream rather than spray. Cream will allow a thicker coat and will penetrate deeper as it is rubbed in when applied, spray tends to stay on surface and not penetrate.
- You do not need to apply the same conditioning cream (matte finish) leg leather or suede areas – keep in mind if you do apply said cream you will darken the colour of this leather and send it shiny so this is not recommended (once done this cannot be reversed) you can purchase a special nu-buck cleaner or suede cleaner that dries without darkening.
- Normal washing on any part of the leather with a small amount of washing up liquid and clean water will be adequate to remove dirty marks, use of a scrubbing brush gently on any part of the boots is OK to remove heavy soiling.
- Do not dry your boots in front of heaters or fires but allow to dry naturally standing upright.
- Use a boot tree to avoid folding or collapse of the boot leg when not being worn, they can be bought here.
- Caution: On the SLOANE LEATHER BOOT the leather drawstring at top is for appearance only, if the cord is pulled against the leather collar the opposite direction to which it feeds out of the collar it could tear, it is not necessary to tighten this so it is not recommended.
- Caution: On the RANGER LEATHER BOOT the lower buckle is riveted into place so it cannot be tightened, this lower buckle and strap is for appearance only and it should not be freed and tightened as it will cause the instep of the boot to fold and can cause discomfort to the wearer. If this is done you will void the warranty on the boot. Ranger boot is waterproof to the bottom of the rear gusset only.
- Caution: On the MAYFAIR BOOTS the tassel tab is for decoration purposes. We recommend using the zipper pull of the boot to do up the boot and not the tassel, as you risk pulling the tassel off the clasp.
- Your boots are a practical waterproof, fashionable recreational product, the main use is as a walking country boot, walking through puddles , streams and muddy fields are all fine , you can use them for limited recreational riding but they are not meant as a alternative to heavy duty muck out stable boots or full time riding boots . They are also not meant as farm boots or other waterproof footwear like rubber wellingtons (in other words continually submerged in water), if used for these purposes the warranty is void.
We guarantee the use of our leather boots as waterproof for a period of 6 months from date of purchase only (see Warranty Page).
Only you can determine how the boots will look and wear depending on how you care for the product during use.
We hope you enjoy your Welligogs.